Close
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, thanks for the correction. Shameful, as I still have the DVD! Have been meaning to offload it on to eBay now for some time.

Post Thanks / Like
    A two-part edit of the series was spread over a couple of the BBC Video World tapes.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Man Who Lost His Head, the ITV 2007 drama starring Martin Clunes is only available on DVD in New Zealand, 16:9 release.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard A View Post
    EDIT: Also, I've just noticed that Pidax are due to release the BBC production Thursday's Child as Margreth Thursday, which will come with an English dub, according to the website. As far as I know, this is the first time that Pidax have released a BBC production, so the inclusion of the English version might be part of the licensing arrangements.
    Thanks for this Richard. Long been after seeing it again. I wonder if Acorn might be considering releasing it here too?

World's Mightiest Mortal amckinney's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    The Man Who Lost His Head, the ITV 2007 drama starring Martin Clunes is only available on DVD in New Zealand, 16:9 release.
    I'm pretty sure it's long OOP, too (if it is available somewhere, please let me know (by PM is okay) as I wish I'd bought it a few years back, since I only have an off-air recording in 4:3.

Post Thanks / Like
    I suppose one could add to the list both of the Sky Pictures Doc Martin telefilms: Doc Martin and Doc Martin and the Legend of the Cloutie.

Originally available from Magna Pacific in Australia (OOP for at least a few years now) and currently only available from Acorn USA (in NTSC).

Post Thanks / Like
    The kennedy series I mentioned upthread is indeed copyright Central Independent Television Productions plc.

& I just remembered a few kids shows out overseas

The Worst Witch ( carlton tv movie ) - on DVD in the USA - Dreadful waste of time featuring Diana Rigg & Tim Curry

The Worst Witch - I think only series 1 came out in the UK - Australia got all 4 series on DVD

The New Worst Witch - 2 series - released in Australia

Dead Gorgeous - BBC co-production with an Australian broadcaster available in Australia over two volumes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by amckinney View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's long OOP, too (if it is available somewhere, please let me know (by PM is okay) as I wish I'd bought it a few years back, since I only have an off-air recording in 4:3.
    I'd forgotten about this. ISTR it was quite good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by willpurry View Post
    I'd forgotten about this. ISTR it was quite good.
    It was panned by the TV critics, though, wasn't it? Maybe they were expecting "Doc Martin in New Zealand".

Post Thanks / Like
    Another BBC licensed series from Pidax and again, with English dub (according to Pidax's website), which suggests that their deal with the BBC includes the English soundtrack. This time it's Francis Durbridge's The Doll (available 4th October 2013).

Post Thanks / Like
    I was told that THE DOLL was going be Acorn's follow-up to the colour version of MELISSA...

But that was six years ago!

Post Thanks / Like
    Another BBC licensed series from Pidax and again, with English dub (according to Pidax's website), which suggests that their deal with the BBC includes the English soundtrack. This time it's Francis Durbridge's The Doll (available 4th October 2013).
    I hadn't heard of Pidax before, I'm just looking at their website and they've got some top stuff haven't they! - Thanks for the heads up!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've decided to be brave and ordered the Pidax release of Thursday's Child in the hope that their website is correct about the inclusion of the english soundtrack. Will report back when it arrives if anyone else is interested?

Post Thanks / Like
    Amazon.de also list it as having an English soundtrack but, yes, there's nothing like a real physical confirmation, so I'd be interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    Amazon.de also list it as having an English soundtrack but, yes, there's nothing like a real physical confirmation, so I'd be interested.
    The suggested delivery date is now near the end of June so I guess we'll both have to be patient!

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread Information