PDA

View Full Version : Tony Holland (EastEnders creator/writer)

johnnybrum
29th November 2007, 04:01 PM
:(
BBC is reporting the death of Tony Holland, (co-creator of Eastenders)....I can't find a DOB but age is given as 67

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7118974.stm

Also wrote for Z Cars, Angels, District Nurse and Eldorado....

Duncan
29th November 2007, 04:12 PM
the edition of Trouble At The Top which dealt with Eldorado was very interesting. Tony Holland was particularly good on this.

Mr Magister
29th November 2007, 04:15 PM
Sad to see both EastEnders creators are no longer with us but the show will live on for many years I'm sure so that's some legacy.

agnetha
29th November 2007, 04:17 PM
I thought he died a few years ago. I wonder who I was thinking of...

Anyway, his parents - or grandparents, can't remember - used to live down the road from my gran. Never met him though.

David Brunt
29th November 2007, 05:37 PM
He was also Script Editor of Z Cars for three years from the summer of 1970, when it was in the twice-weekly format. Supervised 350 episodes.

He also appeared in a small role in Doctor Who and the Savages, when he was still working as an actor.

zanygang
29th November 2007, 07:09 PM
I thought he died a few years ago. I wonder who I was thinking of...

Julia Smith?

zanygang
29th November 2007, 07:10 PM
Sad to see both EastEnders creators are no longer with us but the show will live on for many years I'm sure so that's some legacy.

And the creator and producer of El Dorado both died within a week of each other.

The Walrus
29th November 2007, 07:35 PM
I was a bit shocked, until I realised I was mixing him up with Tony Jordan- still 67 is no age these days.

Mr Magister
29th November 2007, 10:42 PM
There was a respectful full screen name and dates caption at the end of tonight's episode.

Johnny Dillon
30th November 2007, 09:01 AM
Yes, the EastEnders team are good at doing this kind of thing.

I have his and Julia Smith's book at home "EastEnders: The Inside Story" I picked it up in the early 1990s and found it a facinating read.

RIP, Tony. :(